Giant, Hill

  • Armor Class: 16
  • Hit Dice:  8 +2
  • Hit Bonus: +8
  • Damage: 2d8 +2
  • Movement: 120 feet
  • Morale Save: +15
  • Experience: 1200
  • Number Attacks: 1
  • Number Appearing: d10
  • Alignment: Chaotic
  • Habitat: Any
  • Negotiation: No
  • Loot: 2d10×100 gp, 1d10 gems (30%), 1d6 jewelry (25%), 3 magic items (15%)

Hill giants live in mostly inhospitable locations. Half of the time hill giants have other animals or beings guarding their homes. When guards are present, there is a 30% probability they are 1 to 3 giant lizards, 20% probability they are 2d4 ogres, and 50% probability they are 2d4 dire wolves. When encountering more than 4 hill giants, the first four are male and additional individuals up to 7 will be female. More than 7 will be immature and will only have a percent- age of adult capabilities. Females have 6 HD and are not as formidable as males. They are comparable to ogres in terms of attack and damage.

Hill giants can cause 2d8 hit points in damage by throwing large rocks from between 10 to 200 ft. Likewise, they can catch rocks tossed at them with a 30% probability.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s