Fast talking, working a crowd, misdirection. Grifters are masters of manipulating and fixing situations with their words rather than their steel. A person practicing quackery or some similar confidence trick in order to obtain money, fame or other advantages via some form of pretense or deception.
Ability Focus: Charisma
Hit Points: d6
Races Allowed: Human, Draco, and Halfling
Restrictions: Grifters can only wear leather armor and can only use weapons 3 lbs and lighter
Starting Equipment. a backpack, a bedroll, a belt pouch, caltrops, chalk (10), a flint and steel, a grappling hook, an iron pot, a mess kit, a mirror, pitons (10), rope, soap, thieves’ tools, torches (10), trail rations (5 days), and a waterskin.
Special: Grifters can speak one additional language
The grifter has the following specialized skills. At each level the grifter gains +3 points to distribute to their skills as they’d like.
- Confidence (+8) – used to modify the reaction of NPCs and Monsters
- Intel (+4) – used to find out information from NPCs
- Disguise (+7) – used to change the appearance, station or vocation of the grifter
- Search (+2) – used to find hidden things (traps, items, etc)
- Stealth (+3) – used to hide and move without detection
- Pick Locks (+1) – specialization in opening things that are locked
- Read Languages (0) Grifters tend to learn to read various languages, particularly as they apply to treasure maps, deeds, secret notes, and the like.