From a young age Gnomes learn to rely on their tinkering skills to make their way in the world. Many forgo walking or using their bodies all together. By the time they reach adulthood many are physically unable to do even the simplest tasks. This is not to say they are disabled, but rather they are enabled via their sharp minds to overcome their physical limitations. As a right of passage, and with a magical steam engine known as a Grizaloop, young gnome construct mechanized machines, known as Constructs, that enable them to thrive in their world. Gnomes take a life oath to protect their machines and will never share the secrets of the tinker lords.
Ability Score Caps: Gnomes cannot exceed +3 in any ability except for Intelligence where they can have up to a +4. Gnomes cannot exceed -2 in Constitution AND Strength.
Ability Score Max: Gnomes have a max total combined ability total of 5
Size: 2.5-3.5 foot tall, 40 – 90 lbs
Speed: 60 feet
Languages: Common and Gnome
Hit Points: Gnomes gain 1d4 Hit Points / Level
Special Racial Abilities:
Construct. All gnome characters begin with a Partial Humanoid construct. The gnome sits inside of the torso and pilots using nobs and levers.
- Height: 4.5 – 5.5 foot tall
- Weight: 3d6 x10 lbs
- Armor Class 12
- Hit Points 2d8
- Dexterity +2
- Speed: 80 feet
Weapon: Poker appendage, 1d8+1 damage
At each level a gnome may choose to upgrade their Construct.
- 100gp to add 1d8 HP taking 1d4 days
- 1000gp to add a weapon attachment (adding a new weapon option) taking 1d6 days. Any weapon can be mounted on an attachment point
- 5000gp to add an appendage (adding an attack, but without a weapon or grabber)
- 5000gp to construct a grabber (hand like attachment)
- 10000gp to construct an animal / insect locomotion construct (speed 120 feet)
Gnomes can work on their constructs to restore HP. For each long rest a gnome can repair 1d8 / level of damage to their construct.