Ability Score Caps: Gnomes cannot exceed +3 in any ability except for Intelligence where they can have up to a +4. Gnomes cannot exceed Zero in Constitution AND Strength.
Ability Score Max: Gnomes have a max total combined ability total of 5
Size: 3-4 foot tall, 60 – 120 lbs
Speed: 20 feet
Languages: Common and Gnome
Special Racial Abilities:
- +2 bonus to Armor Class due to small size
- +3 bonus to Combat Initiative for their small quickness
- +3 to all rolls identifying or defending against magical effects
- Gnome are difficult to spot, and gain the following bonuses to hiding, in addition to their wisdom bonuses: Normal Light +3, Low Light +7 and Outdoors +11.
- Magical Spell: 1x per day per level a gnome can use the Ghost Sound Spell.
Class Restrictions: Gnome may only choose from Wizard, Thief, or Barbarian.
Limitations or Restrictions:
- A Gnome may wear any kind of armor, and may use a shield. However, their armor and shields must be specially made for their small size (doubling the list price). Even dwarf-sized armor is too large for them.
- A Gnome may only use weapon weighing 2lbs or less (such as a dagger, short sword, or shortbow), and may not use two-handed swords, longbows, battle axes, pole-arms, or other large weapons.