Next year is going to be a key year for the SimpleDnD project. As some of you may know, I’ve been swamped with work and the Lovecraft Fate Project. I’m nearly completed with that project, then I can focus my time on SimpleDnD.
The plan for next year includes:
- Updated rules, taking all of the ideas and the rules summary and combining them into an easy to follow starter book.
- Artwork! I’ll be creating and commissioning artwork for the print project.
- Refreshing the magic spells. This includes a new Druid class and a Bard class.
- New starter adventure. I love the starter adventure from 1983, but I want to make my own. Something that combines the rules and a dungeon in a tutorial for SimpleDnD specifically.
- Expanded details on the area around Cresthaven and a new area for higher level characters, Deep Wood. The urban areas of Ridgecrest and Candlecrest.
- Adventure Modules. I have some ideas and some starts for adventures. A new story arch will be announced early next year.
- Online tools for spell reference, encounter generation and DM-less game play.
Thank you to everyone who supports this project!