Every good town needs a good tavern. The Cross Arms everything a wayward adventurer could need. Food, rest and good company. Come on in, the fire is warm and the drink is strong.
Just on the main square of Cresthaven, this inn is the heart of the village.
The inn is a two-storey timber and brick building, with several leaded glass windows and dwarf-wrought iron tables and chairs. Accomodations consist of several large rooms with beds and straw mattresses. The inn has recently become infested by rats.
The innkeeper is an old female elf named Ilming. She possesses a magical helmet which was created by the illustrious elf armorer Ilming.
- Boiled Mutton and Lettuce, Tankard of Beer (11 cp)
- Stewed Sausage and Curd Cheese, Tankard of Stout (12 cp)
- Wheat Porridge, Mug of Stout (3 cp)
- Salted Sausage and Peas, Tankard of Cider (7 cp)
- Vegetable Stew, Mug of Bitter (5 cp)
- Stewed Goose and Oat Bread, Tankard of Bitter (12 cp)
- Roasted Mutton and Peas, Tankard of Mead (10 cp)
- Kather Lemayc: Female Human Craftsman, Evil. Kather is heavyset, with straight copper hair and narrow brown eyes. She wears travel-stained clothing and a black cloak.
- Rimi Borgeson: Male Dwarf Aristocrat, Neutral. Rimi has cropped black hair and amber eyes, and a thin moustache. He is extravagant and ambitious. Rimi seeks a party to find and explore the ancient ruins of Turi’s Hold.
- Friado: Male Halfling Peasant, Evil. Friado has matted blonde hair and large hazel eyes, and a thick beard. He wears travel-stained clothing and riding boots. Friado has an animal companion, a mottled goat named Aler.
- Anzil: Female Dwarf Professional, Evil. Anzil has curly silver hair and brown eyes. She is vulgar and corrupt. Anzil seeks a party to recover and destroy an evil artifact from Frinain’s Deep.
- Ugmar: Male Dwarf Artist, Good. Ugmar has red hair and dark hazel eyes. He wears expensive clothing and silk gloves. Ugmar seeks a party to expose a corrupt aristocrat who serves Gano the Bloody.
- An empire of trolls and hags lies beneath the Prison of Gundage the Profane
- Mysterious lights have appeared in the Marthy Forest
- Enet was murdered by thieves in the town square last night
- The reeve has been seen near the Dark Prison of Souls with a company of adventurers
- Something has been delving a network of tunnels beneath the town
An undead knight in the ruins of Thyte Keep holds a demon imprisoned for eternity